Can you imagine Chattanooga before the gig, the aquarium or accolades from The New York Times? 

The Chattanooga Public Library makes it easier with a treasure trove of archived photos of the city. If you can't stop by the library's local history department, many photos are available for viewing on the library's Flickr page.

Here's a handful of photos that give a window into Chattanooga's past.

Steamboats Wauhatchie, Missionary and Lookout, circa 1863, near where Broad Street terminates at the Tennessee River. (Photo: Contributed)
Mark Beck family, from Gadsden, Ala., sitting on Umbrella Rock on Lookout Mountain, circa 1920. The "heel" of Moccasin Bend is visible on the left. (Photo: Contributed)
Chattanooga during the flood of 1867, as seen from Point Lookout, Lookout Mountain. Cameron Hill and a portion of Moccasin Bend are somewhat visible. (Photo: Contributed)
Residences in Bluff View area near the Walnut Street Bridge and just above the site of the Bluff Furnace. The island visible on the left is Maclellan Island, also known as Chattanooga Island. Originally published in Art Work of Chattanooga, 1906. (Photo: Contributed)
Looking east up Seventh from Market Street, 1916. The Live & Let Live Drug Company is on the left; the building is now known as the Central Block. Note the streetcar tracks and brick pavers in the center of the photo. (Photo: Contributed)
The Walnut Street Bridge as seen from Hill City (North Chattanooga), taken between 1891 and 1912. Also visible are Cameron Hill, Lookout Mountain and part of downtown Chattanooga. (Photo: Contributed)
Parade in downtown Chattanooga, circa 1899-1903. The Southern Railway Building is in the background. (Photo: Contributed)
Hamilton County Courthouse, circa 1900. This building, built in 1878, was struck by lightning and burned in 1910. It was located at Georgia Avenue and Walnut Street. (Photo: Contributed)
Broad Street, circa 1910. Note the building across the street, torn down in 1925 by Mayor Ed Bass so that Broad Street could pass through property owned by the state of Georgia in downtown Chattanooga. (Photo: Contributed)
The 1902 Lookouts Baseball Club. (Photo: Contributed)
Two Maxwell cars climbing Lookout Mountain, circa 1909. (Photo: Contributed)
Aerial view of downtown Chattanooga, circa 1950-1959. Visible on the left is the Union Station railroad yard, currently the location of the Krystal Building, the Tallan Building and The Public Library. (Photo: Contributed)
Cablecar skyride at Mt. Aetna Park, now known as Raccoon Mountain Caverns and Campground, circa 1965. The tram was discontinued in 1984. (Photo: Contributed)