The Chattanooga Transportation Department announced today several road closures that will affect traffic downtown and in the surrounding region this weekend.
Riverfront Parkway between Power Alley and Chestnut Street will be closed from 9 a.m. Friday morning until 5 p.m. Sunday evening to set up and break down for the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon.
Additionally, several roads downtown and in the surrounding area will be closed for most of the day Sunday (from 5 a.m. until 3 p.m.):
- Riverfront Parkway between Aquarium Way and Molly Lane
- Chestnut Street from Aquarium Way to Riverfront Parkway
- Power Alley from Aquarium Way to Riverfront Parkway
- Off-ramp from the Veterans Bridge to Riverfront Parkway
- Highway 27 southbound on-ramp from West Fourth Street
- Highway 27 southbound on-ramp from Martin Luther King Boulevard
- Highway 27 southbound between West Fourth Street and MLK
- Highway 27 northbound between MLK and West Fourth Street
- Highway 27 southbound between Signal Mountain Road and Dayton Boulevard
- Median lanes of Riverfront Parkway from MLK to Molly Lane
- Curb lanes of MLK from Riverfront Parkway to Highway 27 northbound on-ramp
- Median lanes of Highway 27 between MLK and Highway 153
The Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon is an annual event composed of a 1.5K swim, 42K bike ride and 10K run. This year's sponsors are Team Magic, Outdoor Chattanooga and the Chattanooga Track Club. Click here to learn more about the event.