Several local sites will accept medication drop-offs April 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern time.
Three of the sites will also have document shredders on hand to properly dispose of personal documents.
Drug take-back events are hosted periodically across the area to help keep unneeded medications from harming the environment or finding their way to the streets. Residents can safely unload both prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs (for pets or people) at one of the below locations, avoiding unintentional harm to people, pets and the environment.
The following locations—11 in Hamilton County and one in Marion County—will accept the drop-offs, and the top three locations will also accept papers for shredding.
- East Chattanooga Improvement, 1502 McCallie Ave.
- East Brainerd Walgreens, 2289 Gunbarrel Road
- Brainerd Walgreens, 3605 Brainerd Road
- Signal Mountain Police Department, 1111 Ridgeway Ave.
- Blood Assurance, 705 E. Fourth St.
- Red Bank Walgreens, 4039 Dayton Blvd.
- East Ridge Walgreens, 5301 Ringgold Road
- Ooltewah Walgreens, 9307 County Highway 1145
- Rossville Walgreens, 4810 Rossville Blvd.
- Harrison Walgreens, 4542 Highway 58
- Red Bank Police Department at Red Bank Bi-Lo, 3901 Dayton Blvd.
- Whitwell City Hall, 13671 Highway 28
"The drug take-back day brings together law enforcement, businesses and community organizations to offer a convenient and safe way for residents to dispose of medications," Deron Allen, president of Tennessee American Water, said in a prepared statement. "We are pleased that the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Consumer Affairs Division has arranged for document shredders to be available also."
In addition to Tennessee American Water, the other sponsors for the event are:
- Blood Assurance
- Chattanooga Police Department
- City of Whitwell
- East Chattanooga Improvement Inc.
- East Ridge Police Department
- Hamilton County Coalition
- Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department
- Red Bank Police Department
- Signal Mountain Police Department
- Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs
- Tennessee Office of the Attorney General
- UTC (drop-off date on campus will be April 23 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Heritage Plaza to accommodate students’ schedules)