Chattanooga Police Department officials identified a weekend homicide victim as 19-year-old D’Kobe Jordan, who was found dead in a parking lot at 101 W. 38th St. Sunday evening.
Below is what the Chattanooga Police Department sent out Monday morning. Details are subject to change as the investigation continues, officials said.
Location—101 W. 38th St.
Original date—May 6, 2018
Time of call—6:26 p.m.
On May 6, 2018 at 6:26 p.m., Chattanooga Police responded to 101 W. 38th St. on a reported shooting. The following are the preliminary facts of that incident:
- Upon arrival, police located a deceased male lying in the parking lot from an apparent gunshot wounds
- Through investigation it was determined that this individual was armed with a handgun and was using it to threaten another male in the parking lot
- It was also determined through investigation that a gun carry permit holder saw the threatening behavior and intervened in an attempt to protect the life of the male being threatened
- Some witnesses and the parties directly involved cooperated with the police investigation
- Members of the Violent Crimes Bureau are actively investigating this incident
D’Kobe Jordan (male, 19)
Chattanooga Police ask anyone with information regarding this incident to call the Homicide Tip Line at 423-643-5100 or submit a tip through the Chattanooga PD Mobile app.
The investigation is ongoing and more information will be released when available.