Chattanooga State Community College will host a series of information sessions about the Tennessee Reconnect Act, which removes financial restraints for older adults who either want to finish their college careers or start one.
In May, Gov. Bill Haslam signed the Tennessee Reconnect Act into law. It establishes a last-dollar scholarship for adults 24 and older who want to go to college.
This new bill is part of Haslam’s Drive to 55, an initiative that aims to raise the percentage of Tennessee adults with a college education to 55 percent.
To help educate the local population on this new opportunity, Chattanooga State will host information sessions, several on the main campus and one each at the Kimball and Dayton locations.
These are the planned information sessions:
- Oct. 21, 10–11:30 a.m., main campus library at 4501 Amnicola Highway
- Oct. 26, 5:30–7:30 p.m., main campus library at 4501 Amnicola Highway
- Nov. 2, 5:30–7:30 p.m., main campus library at 4501 Amnicola Highway
- Nov. 7, 3–5 p.m., Dayton site at 200 Fourth Ave.
- Nov. 9, 3–5 p.m., Kimball site at 2100 Main St.
No reservations are needed.